Quality Oak Timer Frames

The builder of Quality , Bespoke timber frames now has a blog.
This site will keep you upto date with all the new projects that I am Creating.
Based in Devon but will build anywhere

Saturday 27 June 2015

Oak Frame Boat House . Week one.

This week we put together the boat house. 
This is a project that I have been designing and working toward for nearly a year. 
We had to meet the spider crane at 5am as we were going to block the road for a few hours as we lifted all the timber down onto the slab.
Redneck travelling. It's always fun to ride on a trailor


Lifting the oak down onto the slab . The thought of getting this timber onto a very hard to reach site gave me many sleepless nights, but it went like clockwork. 
1st components of frame going up. Of coarse it was going to fit. 


This was my office for the week and will continue to be that way for the newt few weeks. Due to my leg still being week I have to direct and not be fitting. It's driving me nuts but I can't rush the leg mending.
Watching my team working hard gives me a great feeling . Well done fellas, it's almost worth all the crap and piss taking that I have to put up with.
Bodders "Topping off" the frame . This keeps the spirits away . We only do this if the clients bring us lots of tea and biscuits.
Last day this week and it pissed down. 
Never mind , plenty more days to come. Keep posted. 









No comments:

Post a Comment